A friend of a friend just told me about this action group that has designated April 14, 2007 as the National Day of Climate Action. There are many organized projects, but I have chosen to instead try and implement a number of small daily things (that I have been meaning to change) by April 14th.
The list that I plan on integrating includes the pledge from Utah Clean Energy, plus some ideas of my own.
- Change 5 frequently used lightbulbs to energy saving bulbs .
- Status: So far I have changed two.
- Status: Done. Instead of a programmable thermostat I wear more sweaters and keep a small space heater on for my dog so she doesn’t freeze.
- Status: Done. I think I have now made this a habit.
- Status: Done. My goal was to tell at least 20 people (besides this blog) by April 14th.
Ideas of My Own
- Setup household glass recycle bin for the three apartments and tell the household about it.
- Status: Done
- Status: Done. Called in on Friday and made the switch.
- Status: Done… I can’t remember the last time I drove by myself to the gym. However, I need to focus on always carpooling up the canyons.
That is the current list. I will keep brainstorming and encourage all the readers of this blog to do the same. I would love to hear anyone’s ideas ….